Covid-19 Delivery Charges
1. UPDATED DELIVERY DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
As a preventative measure and as per regulations put forth by the Department of Co-Operative Governance and Traditional Affairs and aligning with the Disaster Management Act, 2002: Amendment of Regulations Issued In Terms Of Section 27(2). Planet54.com PTY Ltd have taken steps towards limiting the spread of COVID-19 during this scheduled lockdown.
In Order to protect communities, families and citizens in its entirety – we will be dispatching essential items that are available online only, with delivery made directly to your door nationwide in South Africa. All deliveries on essential products will be delivered nationwide anywhere in South Africa and our standard delivery charge terms and conditions will be null and void during the lockdown period.
With essential items being at the forefront of necessities, we have worked exorbitantly with our courier companies to ensure that important sanitisation precautions have been taken from moment of dispatch to delivery.
Planet54.com will no longer deliver any order that consists of products deemed non-essential by the government. This does not mean orders on clothing, footwear, accessories, appliances or tech cannot be placed – when an order includes non-essential items, it will be dispatched when the lockdown period has come to an end.
During this period, the following will be categorized as non essential:
- Beauty Items (Fragrances, Make Up & Brushes, Beauty Accessories)
- Fun & Games
- Home (This includes all items featured within our home department)
- Premium (This includes all items a part of our premium department)
- Combo Deals (This includes but limited to all non-essential item deals within this category – it may only be available for purchase if/when a combo deal includes essential items
- Sale (This includes but not limited to all categories featured under ‘SALE’ – if/when a collection featuring essential goods is available on sale – only that selected collection will be available to shop)
All essential goods as stated by Department of Co-Operative Governance and Traditional Affairs and aligning with the Disaster Management Act, 2002: Amendment of Regulations Issued In Terms Of Section 27(2) and under Annexure B, ‘Categorisation of Essential Goods and Services during Lockdown Regulation 11A’
(i) Any food product, including non -alcoholic beverages;
(ii) Animal food; and
(iii) Chemicals, packaging and ancillary products used in the production of any food
- Cleaning and Hygiene Products
(i) Toilet Paper, sanitary pads, sanitary tampons, condoms;
(ii) Hand sanitiser, disinfectants, soap, alcohol for industrial use, household cleaning
products, and personal protective equipment; and
(iii) Chemicals, packaging and ancillary products used in the production of any of the
(i) Medical and Hospital Supplies, equipment and personal protective equipment; and
(ii) Chemicals, packaging and ancillary products used in the production of any of the
- Fuel, including coal and gas
- Basic goods, including airtime and electricity.
We at Planet54.com believe in working towards achieving betterment within our community – and especially now more than ever when our citizens are faced with a reality that is uncertain, and an environment that may not bring with it, the best opportunity.
Delivery Costing, Calculations And Information
- Planet54 offers delivery on all orders below a 10kg weight within or near the main city centres of Durban, Gauteng and Cape Town at a rate of R100.
- Orders that exceed 10kgs in weight, within or near these main city centres mentioned above will be charged to the customer at a delivery cost automatically calculated at checkout.
- Delivery charges that exceed R100 will be determined by the customers location and the weight of the order as well, which will vary based on your approximate distance from all city as stated, i.e., Durban, Gauteng and Cape Town. This calculation will be done upon checkout.
- com reserves all rights to charge an additional fee within the delivery period of essential goods should it be necessary to do so – the liability for failing to deliver the goods timeously is limited to delivery being affected by force majeure within which circumstances are not within our control
- Due to necessary health and hygiene reasons, Planet54.com will not accept exchanges, replacements or returns on any essential item that is being offered online. If an item received is shown to be expired, said item will be refunded or store credit provided.