Terms & Conditions - Africa
Planet54 is a company duly registered within the Republic of South Africa in accordance with the Companies Act 71 of 2008 and adheres to the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (CPA), the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI) and the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (ECTA) including all amendments and regulations thereto. The terms set out below shall be applicable to all transactions outside of borders of the Republic of South Africa.
Planet54, through its site, partners and affiliates may offer goods for sale to residents of the following countries, which goods shall be dispatched from its offices in South Africa and shall be in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
Cross-border transactions shall include: Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Kenya, Lesotho, Swaziland and Nigeria initially and which transactions may, at a later stage, include other countries.
SUPPLY OF GOODS – Africa
The customer explicitly accepts and consents to these additional charges by transacting and continued use of the site and online platforms.
Planet54 shall dispatch the goods only once the funds have reflected and cleared in Planet 54's bank account.
There shall be no refunds, returns, exchanges or cancellations of orders which are ordered outside of South Africa for any reason whatsoever. Planet54 may, however, elect to replace incorrectly supplied or defective goods at its sole and exclusive discretion.
Delivery is subject to order and Planet54 is not responsible for any delays from transporters, agents, postal services, and/or border and customs officials.
Planet54 shall not be liable for any delays caused by external factors, including but not limited to, customs, transporters, deliverers, post offices, conflicts, force majeure and others.
All prices shall exclude duties, taxies, government levies and/or any other additional charges that the customer may incur relating to purchases on the Planet54 website or online platform.
The customer warrants that any goods purchased are legal and may be purchased by the customer in his/her respective country and accepts that the onus remains on the customer to ensure that goods purchased do not violate statutory provisions or regulations in the country of residence of that customer.
QUALITY OF GOODS
Planet54 makes no warranties or guarantees relating to goods that are sourced from external suppliers, manufacturers and retailers. Planet54 makes no representations regarding the availability of stock - including specific colours, sizes, labels, brands or other identifiers - and that available quantities reflected on the Website and Online Platform are merely estimates. Once an order has been confirmed, the onus remains on the User to ensure the correctness of the order and that the appropriate sizes, colours and types have been selected. Without derogating from the aforegoing, Planet54 shall not be liable to consumers, retailers, or users of the website or online platform in the event of pricing errors due to system malfunction, human error or otherwise.
Planet54 shall accept no returns, exchanges, replacements and process no returns on goods purchased outside of the Republic of South Africa for any reason whatsoever.
DELIVERY OF GOODS
4.1 Planet54 shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges or expenses arising out of late delivery. Risk on delivery shall pass to the Consumer upon delivery, unless the Consumer arranges to have the goods picked up or employs the services of his/her own delivery company, in which case risk shall pass to the Consumer upon collection of the goods. No deliveries shall be made to P.O. Boxes or LOT Nos. or outlying areas which are not accessible by delivery companies. The onus remains on the Consumer to ensure that an accessible physical address is provided. The Consumer has a duty to ensure that the goods are inspected upon delivery, and to notify Planet 54 within 48 hours of any defects, damages or incorrectly supplied goods.
4.2 Delivery charges shall be detailed with each individual order and may differ based on the size, type, and quantity of goods ordered by the Consumer or Retailer. The User or Consumer agrees and accepts that should he/she change the order, delivery address, or specifications after an order has been dispatched, there shall then be delays regarding the date and time of delivery based on logistical considerations including cross-border checks and inspections.
4.3 Delivery time shall be 14 to 21 days from date of confirmation or finalisation of order.
4.4 Once your orders are packed and ready for shipping, final costings for the shipment will be done. The customer will be liable for the shipping charges if they are deemed higher that the automatic shipping charges that has been paid for.
CURRENCY / EXCHANGE
5.1 The currency of transaction and exchange for customers outside of the Republic of South Africa shall be USD (United States Dollars) and shall be the currency used to transact and confirm orders by customers.
5.2 The cost of all goods shall be the price of goods at the time of purchase in USD as referenced to the South African Rand (ZAR)
5.3 Where pricing is in ZAR, the customer shall be liable for payment of the commensurate price in USD.
5.4 Final pricing on items may vary and the relevant exchange rate at the time of purchase of goods is at the sole and exclusive discretion of Planet54.
5.5 All prices listed on Planet 54 are USD (United States Dollars) but the price reflected at the checkout page is ZAR (South African Rands).
EFT / Cash Deposit Process (Africa)
Please see below for detailed process before making any deposits into Planet54's direct account. Please note that doing a direct deposit into our account is not confirmation of an order.**
- Customer makes payment into the Planet54 bank account to the value of their order as provided below and sends proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org with all their information.
- Funds take up to 7-14 working days to reflect.
- Reference on the bank deposit must be the customer email address.
- All prices are subject to time that the deposit reflects into our account and may vary accordingly.
- Planet54 cannot guarantee the availability of stock when transactions are done with Bank Deposit or Manual EFT Payment methods.
- For any payments made from foreign countries, please ensure that the transport charges are included when making payment.
- Please email proof of payment to email@example.com.
- Once the funds have reflected into our bank account we will then **_issue you with store credit gift card to the value of your deposit.Click here for Store Credit Procedure
- You will be sent an email with your store credit gift card
- Click the "View Store Credit"button and a unique code will be in your store credit card.
- You will then use this gift card number at your checkout screen in the *Gift Card or Discount Code *box and the value will be deducted from your order.
- Please note that stock is not reserved once payment is done. It is only reserved once you have done the payment with the store credit that has been issued.
- Any cancellation of orders or refunds done via Cash or EFT Direct Deposit will take 7-14 working days to reflect back into the your account.
- Your order will only be confirmed once you complete the order with the store credit issued and you receive an order confirmation from Planet54.
- Shipping charges are calculated at Checkout (Subject to final packaging once the order is packed).
Bank Deposit Details
Account Name: Planet54 Bank Name: FNB Account Type: Cheque Account Account Number: 62608046357 Branch Name: Commercial Account Services Branch Number: 210554 Swift Code: FIRNZ AJJ (International Payments) Reference: [your email address ]
All payments must be cleared before an order is finalised.
Where the consumer elects to pay via EFT or cash deposit, the following terms shall apply:
5.3.2 All payments must be cleared in our designated bank account before store credit is issued.
5.3.3 Where the consumer elects to pay via EFT or cash deposit, the following terms shall apply:
- a) The store credit will be issued only once the payment amounts clear in Planet 54’s banking account.
- b) The consumer may be liable for payment of a surcharge for the cash payment fees decided by Planet54.